100% Chenin Blanc
Elegance, finesse, complexity and concentration of fruit – full bodied
Concentrated aromas of yellow fruit, pineapple and melon on the nose with nutty nuances that linger. Full-bodied, elegant creamy palate. Well balanced and alive with fresh acidity and long finish. Excellent ageing potential and superb versatility with a wide range of dishes completes this delicious wine.
In the Vineyard
Soil Low yielding, well drained vertical shale/schist
Trellis and bush vines
Grapes were night harvested and picked by hand to retain flavours. Yield 6.2 tons/ha
Grapes were gently crushed and pressed. 20% of the wine was cold fermented in tank to retain freshness and fruit , and the other 80% was fermented in 40% new French and Hungarian oak and 60% in 2nd and 3rd fill French and Hungarian oak 300 litre barrels. 30% of the barrel fermented wine was fermented with natural yeast. The wine was then aged for 11 months, blended and then bottled.
8 years after vintage at consistent temperatures between 14°C and 17°C.
Recommended to be served at 14ºC.
|Residual sugar||3.0 g/l|